Saturday, June 30, 2012

What Matters To Me

My Utmost For His Highest

‘Wanting to make sure that my adversary gives me all my rights is a natural thing. But Jesus says that it is a matter of inescapable and eternal importance to me that I pay my adversary what I owe him. From our Lord’s standpoint it doesn’t matter whether I am cheated or not, but what does matter is that I don’t cheat someone else. Am I insisting on having my own rights, or am I paying what I owe from Jesus Christ’s standpoint?

Do it quickly— bring yourself to judgment now. In moral and spiritual matters, you must act immediately. If you don’t, the inevitable, relentless process will begin to work. God is determined to have His child as pure, clean, and white as driven snow, and as long as there is disobedience in any point of His teaching, He will allow His Spirit to use whatever process it may take to bring us to obedience. The fact that we insist on proving that we are right is almost always a clear indication that we have some point of disobedience. No wonder the Spirit of God so strongly urges us to stay steadfastly in the light! (see John 3:19-21).’ CHAMBERS

Now what do you think about those words?  It doesn’t matter if I am cheated or not?  That is not how I feel when someone cheats me!  Or tries to.  Do we believe that people will answer to God for what they do?  even if they don’t answer to men while they live?  Do we understand that there are eternal consequences.  That what we should be concerned about is what “I” do and not what someone else does?  We all answer to God.  So from the Lord’s standpoint, it doesn’t matter what people do to me .. what does matter is what I do to other people.  And when I start insisting that I be vindicated, the wrongdoers be punished for doing wrong to ME!  Then it is an indication of something going on inside me that is NOT godly.

Do you demand an eye for an eye or do you turn the other cheek and give him your cloak also?  God has called us to a new life and has given us the power to live it.  When we become aware of something in our lives that springs from the flesh and not the Spirit, we must deal with it quickly.  You can be sure that God will chasten us .. His chastening looks a lot like life … but we are His children and He chastens those He that He loves.

When this happens to you .. and it will,  receive it for what it is.  God is shaping you into a noble vessel .. for His purpose and His glory.  Yield to His Spirit, walk in the Truth, let your light shine in the darkness.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: