Monday, June 4, 2012

The Lord is My Helper


My Utmost For His Highest

‘What line of thinking do my thoughts take? Do I turn to what God says or to my own fears? Am I simply repeating what God says, or am I learning to truly hear Him and then to respond after I have heard what He says? “For He Himself has said, ’I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ So we may boldly say: ’The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?’ ” (Hebrews 13:5-6). “I will never leave you . . .”— not for any reason; not my sin, selfishness, stubbornness, nor waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never leave me? If I have not truly heard this assurance of God, then let me listen again.’ CHAMBERS

When you are in the middle of a crisis .. what do you do?  Do you stress as you try to figure out what you are going to do? Or do you turn to God for the answers?  Do you really believe that the Lord is your Helper?  Now there are those who will take this to the extreme .. saying “So if you see a truck in your lane, you just say Lord help me and don’t steer away from it?”  Those people are really saying … ‘I don’t trust God’ .. of course you would steer away from the truck … When I was learning to fly Chinook helicopters in the Army, my instructor told me that he had taught Iranians .. a long time ago … He said that when there was an emergency in the aircraft, their response was to do nothing but say ‘Allah wills’ .. He said “Maybe that was Allah’s will for them to die right then, but not for me .. I followed the emergency procedures so I would not die.”

This is a trust issue.  Many if not most of us have been hurt, emotionally, sometimes physically, by other people.  We have trust issues.  Imagine someone who only has your best interests in mind .. that they love you more than anyone else in the universe … that they are ready to do extraordinary things to maintain a relationship with you and will always be there for you.  Now that is a phrase you hear a lot “I will be there for you.” What exactly does that mean when a person says that to you … What means when God says it is … I will be there for you eternally … That is not to say that you should not trust other people … But you should know that there is Someone who you can trust in … you can trust your eternity in … God gave His Son so you … you … could have eternal life .. so you .. you … could have life and have it abundantly … so that you … you … would have peace that is beyond all human understanding … so that you … you … would have free access to the Creator of the universe … so that you … you … could have assurance that when everything else fails you … when you feel that all is lost … that you are all alone … then the God of all comfort will comfort you in your trouble … Pretty cool, don’t you think?

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: