Wednesday, July 16, 2014

God will be there when no one else is

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct in this passage [Matthew 7:11] for those people who have His Spirit.  He urges us to keep our minds filled with the concept of God’s control over everything, which means that a disciple must maintain an attitude of perfect trust and an eagerness to as and to seek.  Fill your minds with the thought that God is there. And when your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be easy as breathing for you to remember, “My heavenly Father knows all about this!” This will be no effort at all,  but will be a natural thing for you when difficulties and uncertainties arise.” CHAMBERS 
 
(John 16:32-33) ‘Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."’
 
When you are feeling alone or desperate, remember that you are not alone.  John 16:33 is quoted many times .. but verse 32 speaks to a great truth as well … God is with you … and if He is with you .. who can stand against you? The key is to be confident in that knowledge.  It is one thing to say “I know God is everywhere” (Psalm 139)  It is another thing, altogether, to face life with confidence in that truth.  Jesus told the disciples that His confidence was in God not men.  Though men may fail me .. though life may not go my way … my God is with me.  That is why Job could say “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.” Peace is knowing that God is sovereign in every circumstance … I must trust Him (Proverbs 3:5,6).  You will not trust if you do not know.  Pursue God .. get to know Him deeply .. And even in those times of despair .. when you feel all is lost … that you are alone … that men have failed you … God … the sovereign Lord and Creator .. is with you. Amen
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: