Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Are Your Running On Empty?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Paul sold himself to Jesus Christ and he said, in effect, “I am a debtor to everyone on the face of the earth because of the gospel of Jesus; I am free only that I may be an absolute bondservant of His.” That is the characteristic of a Christian’s life once this level of spiritual honor and duty becomes real. Quit praying about yourself and spend your life for the sake of others as the bondservant of Jesus. That is the true meaning of being broken bread and poured-out wine in real life.’ CHAMBERS
 
What are your priorities in life? Not what do you want them to be .. or wish they could be.  What are they.  Jesus said they are to love God, Love others, (Matthew 22:37-39) and don’t worry about you.(Matthew 6:25-34)  Do you remember the man who wanted to follow Jesus, but said .. first let me bury my father? (Matthew 8:21-22) Jesus response may seem harsh .. but I think the point is … the man’s heart was not fully committed to following Jesus.
 
What you think, what you say and what you do begins in the heart.  For many Christians their hearts are running on empty, spiritually.  When I stop at the gas station in Jacmel .. the guys riding the motorcycles put a dollar’s worth of gas in their tanks. Just enough to get by.  Don’t be like that.  Fill your tank every day …. Draw close to God … and let your love for Him and others flow from the abundance of your heart …. Fulfill your purpose ..
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: