Monday, July 28, 2014

Living In The Reality Of God's Presence

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘We have the idea that God is leading us toward a particular end or a desired goal, but He is not. The question of whether or not we arrive at a particular goal is of little importance, and reaching it becomes merely an episode along the way. What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself. […] What is my vision of God’s purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish— His purpose is the process itself. […]  What people call preparation, God sees as the goal itself. […] God’s purpose is to enable me to see that He can walk on the storms of my life right now. If we have a further goal in mind, we are not paying enough attention to the present time.’ CHAMBERS
 
Every life experience has two possibilities .. it can move us closer to God or farther away.  God’s intention is always the former.  I have started a new approach to preaching in the Haitian churches .. I am preaching using their favorite hymns as an outline. Songs that they love to sing, most do not think past the singing .. they don’t think about what the person who penned the song intended people to understand.  What that person might have been experiencing when they wrote down the words.  Those songs .. worship songs .. give God the glory … often times birthed out of the struggle in daily living. I want them to see the spiritual reality … and so it us with us and God.
 
God wants us to see the spiritual reality of this life.  When we do, our response to life is completely turned around.  Henry Blackaby said “God is always at work around you” and “You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.”  As you put your faith in God .. every day .. in every circumstance .. you see God at work in every situation .. you begin to manifest the fruit of the Spirit … even in the most difficult times.  “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)  And in that you bring glory to God and draw others to Jesus.  Your ministry is today and it is now and it is right where you are.
 
“When it’s all been said and done. There is just one thing that matters.  Did I do my best to live for truth. Did I live my life for You.  When it's all been said and done. All my treasures will mean nothing.  Only what I've done for love's Reward will stand the test of time. Lord Your mercy is so great. That You look beyond our weakness. And find purest gold in miry clay. Making sinners into saints.”  Don Moen
 
Hallelujah
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: