Friday, July 25, 2014

Let Jesus Be The Fire In Your Heart And The Wind In Your Sails

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The teachings of Jesus [the Beatitudes in Matthew 5] are all out of proportion when compared to our natural way of looking at things, and they come to us initially with astonishing discomfort. We gradually have to conform our walk and conversation to the precepts of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit applies them to our circumstances. The Sermon on the Mount is not a set of rules and regulations— it is a picture of the life we will live when the Holy Spirit is having His unhindered way with us.’ CHAMBERS
 
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, Blessed are those who mourn, Blessed are the meek, Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, Blessed are the merciful, Blessed are the pure in heart, Blessed are the peacemakers, Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.” (Matthew 5:3-11)
 
How do you respond to life?  To what happens to you.  To the way people treat you. What is at the core of your response? Is it you or is it Jesus? Are you busy trying to make life work? Trying to keep your head above water? Trying to keep your sanity? Jesus said “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30) This is not just some feel good philosophy … it is real and within your grasp … but you need to stop trying to live your life on your own and let Jesus reign in your heart.  Let Him be the source of your life.
 
Make this song your prayer and commitment today …
 
“Jesus be the center.  Be my source be my light, Jesus. Jesus be the center. Be my hope, be my song Jesus. Be the fire in my heart. Be the wind in these sails. Be the reason that I live Jesus­. Jesus, be my vision.  Be my path, be my guide. Jesus.” Amen
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: