Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Living Like Jesus

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The mystery of sanctification is that the perfect qualities of Jesus Christ are imparted as a gift to me, not gradually, but instantly once I enter by faith into the realization that He “became for [me] . . . sanctification . . . .” Sanctification means nothing less than the holiness of Jesus becoming mine and being exhibited in my life. The most wonderful secret of living a holy life does not lie in imitating Jesus, but in letting the perfect qualities of Jesus exhibit themselves in my human flesh. Sanctification is “Christ in you . . .” (Colossians 1:27). […] It is the gift of His patience, love, holiness, faith, purity, and godliness that is exhibited in and through every sanctified soul. Sanctification is not drawing from Jesus the power to be holy— it is drawing from Jesus the very holiness that was exhibited in Him, and that He now exhibits in me. Sanctification is an impartation, not an imitation. […]  the mystery of sanctification is that all the perfect qualities of Jesus are at my disposal. Consequently, I slowly but surely begin to live a life of inexpressible order, soundness, and holiness— “. . . kept by the power of God . . .” (1 Peter 1:5).’ CHAMBERS
 
As you read those words are you thinking “that could never be me”?  If you are a Christian it is you.  Christ-likeness is in you .. but you must release it.  The only way you can release it is to step aside and let Jesus reign .. let Him be Lord.  A saying that was popular a few years ago goes “If Jesus is not Lord of all, then He is not Lord at all”.   That may sound extreme, but you cannot have two masters .. God said that in His word .. you will love one and hate the other … Does your life reflect Jesus or does it reflect the world?  If you could step outside of yourself to watch and listen, what would you see and hear.  Based upon what you see and hear would you conclude that person is devoted to Jesus or to the world. 
 
Don’t accept mediocrity in your spiritual life … letting Jesus reign is your start to living in victory over the problems of life … not eliminating problems .. but living in spiritual victory over them.  You can have “patience, love, holiness, faith, purity, and godliness” in spite of the problems you face … don’t carry them on your own … you already know that does not work … “I heard about His healing, Of His cleansing power revealing.  How He made the lame to walk again  And caused the blind to see; And then I cried dear Jesus come and heal my broken spirit and somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory!  Oh Victory In Jesus .. my Savior Forever He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: