Monday, April 21, 2014

Where Is God When You Need Him?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The mystery of God is not in what is going to be-it is now, though we look for it to be revealed in the future in some overwhelming, momentous event. We have no reluctance to obey Jesus, but it is highly probable that we are hurting Him by what we ask-”Lord, show us the Father . . .” (John 14:8). His response immediately comes back to us as He says, “Can’t you see Him? He is always right here or He is nowhere to be found.” We look for God to exhibit Himself to His children, but God only exhibits Himself in His children.’ CHAMBERS
 
God is at work all around us … and He is at work in us.  The problem is one of spiritual understanding and vision, not in the presence or absence of God.  Elisha’s servant could only see the problem that surrounded them and not the presence that protected them.  (2 Kings 6:17) “And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
 
David wrote in Psalms 139:1-7  “O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?”
 
When you encounter the difficulties of life … illness, heartache, disappointment…. Our God is there … Psalms 121:1-3 “I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
 
And don’t you ever forget it!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: