Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tearing Down The High Places .. Looking To The Father

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Beware of ever thinking, “Oh, that thing in my life doesn’t matter much.” The fact that it doesn’t matter much to you may mean that it matters a great deal to God. Nothing should be considered a trivial matter by a child of God. How much longer are we going to prevent God from teaching us even one thing? But He keeps trying to teach us and He never loses patience. You say, “I know I am right with God”— yet the “high places” still remain in your life. There is still an area of disobedience. Do you protest that your heart is right with God, and yet there is something in your life He causes you to doubt? Whenever God causes a doubt about something, stop it immediately, no matter what it may be.  […] You no more need a day off from spiritual concentration on matters in your life than your heart needs a day off from beating. As you cannot take a day off morally and remain moral, neither can you take a day off spiritually and remain spiritual.’ CHAMBERS
 
Where are the “high places” in your life?  We all have them.  Those things that we trust in more than God. Those things that we cling to for comfort .. stress relief .. affirmation … An old country western song has a verse that goes “Lookin’ for love in all the wrong places … hopin’ to find what I am lookin’ for” God’s creative intent was that we would only find what we are looking for in Him.  Nothing else will fully satisfy the  needs in our lives   … using food for comfort .. we get fat … using relationships for affirmation .. we get hurt … using money for security  … we get stressed … The lie we believe is that what we experience is as good as it can ever get or as good as we deserve.   Tear down those high places in your life .. stop depending upon the offerings of the world as a solution for the issues in your life … and look to your Father.
 
 
“I have a Maker, He formed my heart.  Before even life began, my life was in His Hand.  He knows my name.  He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls and He hears me when I call. I have a Father, He calls me His own.  He’ll never leave me .. no matter where I go.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: