Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is That You God?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Get into the habit of saying, “Speak, Lord,” and life will become a romance (1 Samuel 3:9). Every time circumstances press in on you, say, “Speak, Lord,” and make time to listen. Chastening is more than a means of discipline— it is meant to bring me to the point of saying, “Speak, Lord.” Think back to a time when God spoke to you. Do you remember what He said? Was it Luke 11:13 , or was it 1 Thessalonians 5:23? As we listen, our ears become more sensitive, and like Jesus, we will hear God all the time.[…]  Never ask another person’s advice about anything God makes you decide before Him. If you ask advice, you will almost always side with Satan. “. . . I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood . . .” (Galatians 1:16).’ CHAMBERS
 
When I was younger, I almost always went to an “Eli” to confirm what I thought to be God’s voice.  The problem … God was speaking to me .. not to them.  It was not that I wasn’t sure that it was God speaking … John 10:3-4,27the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. […] My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  It was just that I lacked the faith to follow.
 
What has God been saying to you?  Has He called you into something that seems impossible?  That would be God.  He calls you to His work … not to do it on your own, but so you can be part of what He is doing.  Following Him is not easy … what you do … you do in a world that hates God …. John 15:18-20  If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.'
 
I can recall when I told a friend of mine in Waveland, MS that we were going to Haiti.  He got close to me, looked me in the eyes and asked “Are you crazy!” I told him it was not my idea .. it was God’s.  What God calls us to do is contrary to the world’s thinking.  Don’t use earthly wisdom to consider God’s call.  You will say no every time.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: