Thursday, January 17, 2013

Who's Your Daddy?

My Utmost For His Highest

‘Service is the overflow which pours from a life filled with love and devotion. But strictly speaking, there is no call to that. Service is what I bring to the relationship and is the reflection of my identification with the nature of God. Service becomes a natural part of my life. God brings me into the proper relationship with Himself so that I can understand His call, and then I serve Him on my own out of a motivation of absolute love. Service to God is the deliberate love-gift of a nature that has heard the call of God. Service is an expression of my nature, and God’s call is an expression of His nature. Therefore, when I receive His nature and hear His call, His divine voice resounds throughout His nature and mine and the two become one in service. The Son of God reveals Himself in me, and out of devotion to Him service becomes my everyday way of life.
 
Mark 10:43-45  “Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.  And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all.  For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." [Jesus]
 
Matthew 6:24  "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.” [Jesus]
 
Joshua 24:14-15  "Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD!  And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." [Joshua]
 
Service is part of life … those who believe they are their own person deceive themselves.  The question is not whether you will serve, but whom you will serve.  Many Christians try to serve both .. but rationalize to  themselves that they are only serving God. I once heard the definition of rationalize – rational lies … we lie to ourselves so we can continue living the way we want to.
 
When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was (Matthew 22:37-39) He said  .. love God and love others … John 15:13 says we should lay down our lives for others … The only way we can live that life is to live by faith in the power of God’s Spirit.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: