Friday, January 25, 2013

When God Shows Up


My Utmost For His Highest

Would we be surprised if God came into our meeting or into our preaching in a way we had never expected Him to come? Do not look for God to come in a particular way, but do look for Him. The way to make room for Him is to expect Him to come, but not in a certain way. No matter how well we may know God, the great lesson to learn is that He may break in at any minute. We tend to overlook this element of surprise, yet God never works in any other way.’ CHAMBERS
 
When God shows up.  Focus on the Family has a ministry called the Truth Project.  The central point of that ministry is to communicate the differences between the secular and Christian world views. One question that is asked is “Do you believe, that what you believe is really real?”  Think about that for a moment.  Do you believe there is a God?  Do you believe that He cares about you and what happens to you?  Do you believe that He will intervene in the course of human events on your behalf?  Do you?
 
We pray to God and ask for His help.  But do you really believe that He is listening?  That He cares?  Do you believe that the Word of God is truth?  That it never changes.  That the words in the book we call the Bible are God breathed?  Infallible .. inerrant
 
Someone once said that the only part of the Bible that you believe is the part you obey!.  A person acts upon what they believe.  Many people will only believe it when they see it, but the Christian life requires us to believe in what we cannot see .. to trust in something that is super – natural … beyond man’s experience in the natural world.  We do that and then one day, to our surprise … God shows up.
 
That happened to me recently … God showing up unexpectedly.  It was concerning a particular problem … the cards seemed to be stacked against me … and then the entire situation turned and the aggressor became the target of their own aggression.  God brought confusion to “my enemy’s camp”  and they turned on themselves.  It was remarkable.  The men who were at my side stood in amazement.  Afterwards, one of the men said “I learned something today, God is with us.”  It was a revelation … something that he thought to be true, hoped to be true, was proved to be true.  It was a time for rejoicing and giving praise and glory to God.
 
John 20:28-30 “Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
 
Matthew 6:31-33 “[Jesus speaking] So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
 
“He Knows My Name” “I have a Father, He calls me His own.  He will never leave me, no matter where I go.  He knows my name.  He knows my every thought.  He knows each tear that falls and hears me when I call.”
 
Thank you Lord!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: