Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who Gets the Credit?

My Utmost For His Highest


“We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you. Never allow yourself to think that some tasks are beneath your dignity or too insignificant for you to do, and remind yourself of the example of Christ in John 13:1-17 .” CHAMBERS

Do you like it when people tell you  .. good job … way to go … your wonderful … I wish I could do the things you do … well what if you don’t get that kind of praise?  Are you willing to persevere anyway?  Do the best you can with God’s help?  Do all you can and let God do the rest?  Life is like making a loaf of bread … we can put all of the ingredients together .. but it takes yeast to cause the dough to rise … God is the yeast in our life and work … He takes our life and works beyond being a lump of dough to something wonderful … beyond what we ever imagined.  Thinking about our need for praise and affirmation … the Bible says if you seek the praise of men you have your reward …

"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly. "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.  (Matthew 6:1-6)

Do everything as to the Lord … because everything is the Lord’s … because He is Lord.  I have done many things in my life but when you look at it .. everything I have done, my capacity to do those things .. God made it possible … He knew me before I was formed in my mother’s womb … the only credit I can take is that I said “yes” to God …  Did you read about the guy who said he was a fire captain during 911 and did heroic things?  Later he confessed he had not done any of those things?  That is like me taking credit for what God has done in me and through me?  All glory is His …

How about you?

 Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: