Friday, March 9, 2012

Knowing You Jesus

My Utmost For His Highest

“Many people today are pouring their lives out and working for Jesus Christ, but are not really walking with Him. One thing God constantly requires of us is a oneness with Jesus Christ. After being set apart through sanctification, we should discipline our lives spiritually to maintain this intimate oneness. When God gives you a clear determination of His will for you, all your striving to maintain that relationship by some particular method is completely unnecessary. All that is required is to live a natural life of absolute dependence on Jesus Christ. Never try to live your life with God in any other way than His way.” CHAMBERS

Our new life with Jesus is about a relationship it’s not a contract.  It is not something that terms and conditions by which we must abide, but a real relationship … sealed by His Spirit … we are not bound by obligation but by love.  

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."   (Matthew 7:21-27)

The life we are called to is not just knowing about Jesus .. it is knowing Him … it is not just knowing what He said .. it is doing what He said … it is not just doing .. it is abiding … it is not just abiding … it is telling … it is not just telling … it is living ….

One of my favorite songs is ‘Knowing You Jesus’. 

All I once held dear, built my life upon, All this world reveres and wars to own; All I once thought gain I have counted loss,

Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You There is no greater thing. You're my all, You're the best, You're my joy, my righteousness, And I love You Lord.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: