Saturday, March 10, 2012

Show Me The Love

My Utmost For His Highest

We are not saved only to be instruments for God, but to be His sons and daughters. He does not turn us into spiritual agents but into spiritual messengers, and the message must be a part of us. The Son of God was His own message— “The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). As His disciples, our lives must be a holy example of the reality of our message. CHAMBERS

When I was on active duty, many people said that I did not have to wear a uniform for people to know that I was an officer.  The way I behaved, spoke, carried myself … said it for me.  The Army was part of me (maybe still is).  It exuded from me.  Well, in a similar way, that is what we are supposed to be like as Christians.   Being a Christian is not experiencing something personal and then tucking it in my pocket … as if it was only for me.  Like my carrying a driver’s license in my wallet that is proof of my age or residence, or authority to drive.  Unless someone can see the license, they won’t have proof that I am who I say I am or can do what I say I can do. 

So what does that look like in terms of our faith.  Try this for a starter … John 13:34-35  A new commandment I (Jesus) give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

We should live our lives in such a way that God is glorified and our salvation is demonstrated by loving others  … like Jesus loved us … and you know how much He loved us … He sacrificed himself for us … He came to serve not to be served … That is the kind of love that gets people’s attention … It is super-natural  -- beyond man’s nature --

He who says, "I know Him (Jesus)," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.  (1 John 2:4-6)


It is about walking in obedience to the Word of God … What are His commandments … Love God and Love Others (Matt22:37-39)  Let the world see your light shine …

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: