Thursday, March 29, 2012

Take A Morning Stroll

My Utmost For His Highest

A Christian worker’s greatest need is a readiness to face Jesus Christ at any and every turn….[…] .. This readiness will not be brought about by service, but through intense spiritual reality ..[…].. If you are avoiding the call of the religious thinking of today’s world, and instead are “looking unto Jesus” (Hebrews 12:2), setting your heart on what He wants, and thinking His thoughts, you will be considered impractical and a daydreamer. CHAMBERS

Something that has been on my mind of late is this very thing .. that there is no part of my day that Jesus is not right there … We know that God is everywhere .. but we don’t live like we know it … there was a man named Brother Lawrence who lived in France in the 1600’s.  He was a common man with an uncommon heart for God.  A book has been written about him – ‘The Practice of the Presence of God’.  The theme, as you might have guessed, is living your life with a constant awareness that God is present. 

The only way that we can live our life that way is to develop a relationship with God that is so close that He is always on our mind.  Do you think you would live your life differently if you knew that Jesus was walking next to you?  David asked, Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? (Psalms 139:7)

So how do we develop that kind of relationship?  By spending time with God every day.  Some people spend some time with Him, others very little time. But God wants us to make Him the most important aspect of our life, not just a side note.  Everything else about our lives is a reflection of the quality of our relationship with God.  I am not talking to unbelievers .. but to you who claim Jesus as Lord and in whom the Spirit of God resides.  (1 Corinthians 3:16)  

Why do you doubt the truth of the Word?  You don’t you say?  Do you know that you only believe the part that you obey?  God is saying to us, ‘Come walk with me in the Garden’  I feel a song coming on … ‘I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses, and the Voice I hear falling on my ear [..] and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own’  Well, it goes on, but I will stop … God loves us, that is hard to grasp in my puny mind … why would He? And if He does .. why isn’t it more important to me … something to think about .. but more … something to do … Hey it’s time for my morning walk …..

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: