Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Talk To Him - He Did It

"Jesus said to him, Rise, take up your bed and walk. And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed. He answered them, He who made me well said to me, Take up your bed and walk. Then they asked him, Who is the Man who said to you, Take up your bed and walk? But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you. The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well." John 5:8-15

I am certain that you are familiar with this account of the healing of the lame man.  A man devoid of any hope. No one to help him. Alone. Desperate. And then one day, he met Jesus. That may be like your story. No hope of your life getting any better.  No one to help. And then one day you met Jesus. 

Like the lame man. And the blind man. And so many others. You can't explain it. I was blind but now I see. I was lame and now I can walk. I was struggling with an addiction and now I am free. We don't know how He did it, but He did. Like the Sam and Dave song. " [Jesus] (sic) You didn't have to love me like you did but you did and I thank you. You didn't have to do what you did, but you did. And I thank you."

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. Most people probably would have labeled me as a nice guy before I was saved. I probably was. I drank too much after I came back from Vietnam. Way too much. Call it PTSD - whatever. I associated with other guys, Vets, who drank too much too and so we saw it as OK. But it wasn't. But one day I met Jesus and He said rise up and walk. I was convicted of my sins - they were not limited to excessive drinking - my sin problem did not start because of Vietnam or alcohol. I was born a sinner. Just like every other person who has taken their first breath on this planet. And just like the blind man and the lame man had a testimony, we do too. 

"The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well" And we should do the same. 

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: