Friday, February 16, 2024

Put Your Hope In God

"And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

A.W. Tosier - "“It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until he has hurt him deeply."  I was talking to a friend of mine today about events in both of our lives where the malady we faced could have easily ended in our deaths, and yet, we survived against the odds. In my case the Cardiologist told me that in all of his experience he had never seen anyone survive what had happened to me. I don't believe that it was a stochastic, simply luck, that I had survived. Instead, I believe that it was that the Lord was not done with me yet. He spared me for His purpose. That there was still something for me to do.

I will carry the effects of that time in my life until the day I see Jesus face to face.  Like Paul, the events in my friend's and my life and the physical ramifications of those events have proven to be thorns in our flesh. They are daily reminders that our dependence is upon the providence and grace of God. We should not lose heart when we face adversity but look to God for strength for today.

"We do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Renewed day by day because our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and His righteousness. On Christ the solid rock we stand. All other ground is sinking sand.

"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." - Psalm 43:5

Friends - no matter how hard the trial - no matter what the outcome - you are resting in the palm of His hand. Jesus said ...

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: