Monday, March 3, 2014

Let The Love Flow

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Peter now realizes that he does love Him, due to the revelation that came with the Lord’s piercing question. The Lord’s next point is— “Pour yourself out. Don’t testify about how much you love Me and don’t talk about the wonderful revelation you have had, just ’Feed My sheep.’ ” Jesus has some extraordinarily peculiar sheep: some that are unkempt and dirty, some that are awkward or pushy, and some that have gone astray! But it is impossible to exhaust God’s love, and it is impossible to exhaust my love if it flows from the Spirit of God within me. The love of God pays no attention to my prejudices caused by my natural individuality. If I love my Lord, I have no business being guided by natural emotions— I have to feed His sheep. We will not be delivered or released from His commission to us. Beware of counterfeiting the love of God by following your own natural human emotions, sympathies, or understandings.’ CHAMBERS
 
How do we express love toward others?  What it boils down to is the attitude of our hearts.  It is all too easy to say we love Jesus … spiritually .. and then love others carnally … in Matthew 22:37-39  Jesus said we are to love God, first, love others next, and John 15:13 says we are to love ourselves last. The kind of love we are called to express is the same love that the Father and the Son showed us.  We cannot love others in the way we have been commanded (remember it is the second greatest commandment not the second greatest suggestion) to love others … a love the comes from God … and depends upon the Spirit in us.
 
We don’t have to like what others do, but we must love them in spite of that.  I was talking to someone the other day who explained that their sister stopped going to church because she was mad at someone at the church.  Listen … this person shut God out because they did not like someone .. we cannot love others with our flesh … because the dependence on our own ability to love will fail us.  I am certain that person is confident they are justified … and I am also confident they are miserable .. spiritually. If you say that you love God and hate your brother you are a liar …. 1 John 4:20  But if you love God then the love for others will naturally flow from that …
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: