Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Facing the Impossible

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Our Lord’s teaching can be summed up in this: the relationship that He demands for us is an impossible one unless He has done a super-natural work in us. Jesus Christ demands that His disciple does not allow even the slightest trace of resentment in his heart when faced with tyranny and injustice. No amount of enthusiasm will ever stand up to the strain that Jesus Christ will put upon His servant. Only one thing will bear the strain, and that is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ Himself— a relationship that has been examined, purified, and tested until only one purpose remains and I can truly say, “I am here for God to send me where He will.” Everything else may become blurred, but this relationship with Jesus Christ must never be.[…] We are drawn to God by a work of His supernatural grace, and we can never trace back to find where the work began. Our Lord’s making of a disciple is supernatural. He does not build on any natural capacity of ours at all. God does not ask us to do the things that are naturally easy for us— He only asks us to do the things that we are perfectly fit to do through His grace, and that is where the cross we must bear will always come.’ CHAMBERS
 
God places us in situations that require faith … that are beyond us .. impossible in our eyes … but not in His .. When you can do anything .. that would be our God .. then not being able to do it, never enters His mind … The Word tells us that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Phil 4:13) Why? Because He can do all things.  I was just about to leave to go back to Haiti ..there is a lot going on .. and I am the one overseeing it.  Because of a leg infection, I have been delayed a week.  The first thought in my head was .. how are those things going to be accomplished without me.  People are depending upon me … then the Spirit reminded me .. that I am on God’s mission, not my own .. that He is not surprised by this … that I should not be anxious about this (Phil 4:6-7) This is a spiritual journey …
 
What is going on in your life that seems impossible?  If you are God’s child, take it to your Father … What has God called you to do that defies common sense?  Put your trust in Him.  1 Peter 5:7 says “Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you”.  And in doing that your light will shine brighter.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: