Friday, January 19, 2024

Our Sacrifice Is Not A One And Done

"And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." - Luke 9:23

No man gives anything acceptable to God until he has first given himself in love and sacrifice. - A.W. Tosier

When you read that verse, it is also in Matthew and Mark, what image comes to your mind, about you - not about Jesus? I picked Luke because the word "Daily" is included. Implied in the other Gospels. But the idea is continuous - not a one and done. For Jesus it was.

"For the death he [Jesus] died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God." - Romans 6:10

Our lives are not the same as His. Every day is a day of being deliberate. The day that we are saved - where the old man is put to death does not mean that there will not be a struggle.  If my life is supposed to be perfect without sin after I was saved then the only conclusion I can come to is that I am not saved! Why? Because I continue to struggle with sin. Every day I have to pick up my cross whereby I offer myself as a living sacrifice. 

"I [Paul] appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:1-2

A living sacrifice - every day offering my heart to God and from my heart my devotion and from my devotion my obedience and from my obedience His promise. 

Do not be lulled into a false sense that sin does not matter - there are cults that justify their sin by clinging to that lie from hell. Teh world needs to see Jesus and all we have to offer are cracked pots - imperfect jars of clay being made perfect not by our own effort but by the power of God through faith in the One who, without sin, died once for all. And when I trusted Jesus my salvation was assured - that was one and done!

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: