Wednesday, August 3, 2022

From Beginning To End

 "While I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand.  At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision" - Daniel 9:21-23

We have been studying the Book of Daniel. In Chapters 8 and 9 the Angel Gabriel spoke to Daniel. The same Gabriel that spoke to Zacharias and Mary in Luke. In Daniel he spoke about what would happen in the distant future. In Luke he spoke of what would happen in the near future. In each case he spoke about what was unknown to the hearers but known to God. What we call prophecy is nothing more than God revealing what He sees in the expanse of time. He is not surprised by anyone or anything. 

If time, as we know it, could be laid out on your dining table, it would start on one end and end on the other.  God sees or knows from beginning to end - man can only see or know what is in front of and behind him and, without divine revelation, can only imagine what will be in the future. I was thinking about time in the context of faith. There is so much that has happened, is happening, and will happen between the beginning and the end. Some is good and some is bad. But this one thing we know - at the end - God wins! And, as His children, so do we!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

The fact that God wins is the substance of things hoped for. What will happen in this world from the point you are reading these words to the end of time is the evidence of things not seen. And this is the confidence that we have - that God is sovereign in all of it. 

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Do not let the uncertain of the days we live in or what the future might hold cause you to lose heart. Remember the words of Jesus.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I."- John 14:27-28

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory. 

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: