Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Who Do People See When They Look At Your Life?




"Are you prepared to let God take you into total oneness with Himself, paying no more attention to what you call the great things of life? Are you prepared to surrender totally and let go? The true test of abandonment or surrender is in refusing to say, "Well, what about this?" Beware of your own ideas and speculations. The moment you allow yourself to think, "What about this?" you show that you have not surrendered and that you do not really trust God. But once you do surrender, you will no longer think about what God is going to do. Abandonment means to refuse yourself the luxury of asking any questions. If you totally abandon yourself to God, He immediately says to you, "I will give your life to you as a prize . . . ." The reason people are tired of life is that God has not given them anything- they have not been given their life "as a prize." The way to get out of that condition is to abandon yourself to God. And once you do get to the point of total surrender to Him, you will be the most surprised and delighted person on earth. God will have you absolutely, without any limitations, and He will have given you your life. If you are not there, it is either because of disobedience in your life or your refusal to be simple enough." CHAMBERS

To be one means that you lose your personal identity and take on the identity of the one you have become one with. That means their desires are now yours. When people look at you, they see the one you are one with. When I was going thru the security checkpoint in the Atlanta airport this morning, I took my phone off the conveyor and a guy behind yelled "hey, that is my phone". My driver’s license was in the phone holder so I showed it to him.  Then he said, " I guess that is not my phone". It was obvious that he was not the man pictured on the driver's license. He and I were distinguishable from each other. No one would say we were one because we were clearly not alike.  To be one with Christ means that when people see you, they see Him.

John 14:8-11  “Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.”

What we do and say should remind people of Jesus.  Should demonstrate that Jesus is living in us.  We all have work to do, don't we?   You can't do it by trying harder, but only by yielding more, drawing nearer to God through his word, prayer, and worship. Today would be a good day to start.  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: