Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Who Do People See When They Look At You




“The mystery of God is not in what is going to be— it is now, though we look for it to be revealed in the future in some overwhelming, momentous event. We have no reluctance to obey Jesus, but it is highly probable that we are hurting Him by what we ask— “Lord, show us the Father…” (John 14:8). His response immediately comes back to us as He says, “Can’t you see Him? He is always right here or He is nowhere to be found.” We look for God to exhibit Himself to His children, but God only exhibits Himself in His children.” CHAMBERS

The world needs to see Jesus, but the only way it can see Jesus is in the lives of the Saints.  (John 17: 6-18) “I [Jesus] have revealed you [God the Father] to those whom you gave me out of the world. [..] I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. […] they are still in the world[…] Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. [… ] I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. [..] Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.”

Jesus said that if you want to see the Father then look at Jesus.  The Word says if you want to see Jesus, look at Christians.  Do you feel the weight of that like I do? Suddenly all of those things that the Word tells me I should be doing become mandates not options.  My life is to be a reflection of Jesus not the world.  If people don’t know I am a Christian because of the way I live my life .. what I say .. what I do .. what I don’t say .. what I don’t do .. then I am failing in the charge given me by Jesus and the primary purpose for my being on this earth.  I was talking with someone the other day .. someone who is not a Christian.  In the course of the conversation, they caught a word before it had fully come out of their mouth and said another word.  The word not said was profane … but as I thought about it in the context of my faith, I realized that they were not responding to me, but Christ in me.  Oh, they like me certainly, but at other times, they have not been so careful around me.  So what that means to me is that I don’t always reflect Jesus in my life the way I should.  I feel the weight of that too.  How about you? ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: