Saturday, August 9, 2014

What To Do Before You Pray


 
‘God always hears the prayers of His Son, and if the Son of God has been formed in me (see Galatians 4:19) the Father will always hear my prayers. But I must see to it that the Son of God is exhibited in my human flesh. “. . . your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit . . . ” (1 Corinthians 6:19), that is, your body is the Bethlehem of God’s Son. Is the Son of God being given His opportunity to work in me? Is the direct simplicity of His life being worked out in me exactly as it was worked out in His life while here on earth? When I come into contact with the everyday occurrences of life as an ordinary human being, is the prayer of God’s eternal Son to His Father being prayed in me?’ CHAMBERS
 
Do you think about your spiritual condition during the day? I mean do you think about the fact that when you sin .. by action or by thought .. that you have placed a barrier between you and God?  Did you know that not treating your spouse the way God says you should places a barrier between you and God?  1 Peter 3:7  “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.” What?!?!?!  You mean that I don’t treat my wife like the Bible says to, I am sinning?  That’s right … James 4:17 “If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.”  The principle here is that we can’t just live our lives the way we want and then expect God to look past our sin.  He won’t do that … He can’t do that … He is holy … The point is that we must examine our hearts before we pray … Confess our sins .. 1 John 1:9 … and then approach the throne of grace with clean hands and pure hearts ….
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: