Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jesus Is Our All In All

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Ask the Lord to put awareness of Himself in you, and your self-awareness will disappear. Then He will be your all in all. Beware of allowing your self-awareness to continue, because slowly but surely it will awaken self-pity, and self-pity is satanic. Don’t allow yourself to say, “Well, they have just misunderstood me, and this is something over which they should be apologizing to me; I’m sure I must have this cleared up with them already.” Learn to leave others alone regarding this. Simply ask the Lord to give you Christ-awareness, and He will steady you until your completeness in Him is absolute.’ CHAMBERS
 
John 16:33  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
 
I saw a bumper sticker once … “No Jesus, No Peace; Know Jesus, Know Peace” That is basically what Oswald Chambers is saying … that is certainly what Jesus said.  When you are suddenly aware that you are feeling anxious/stressed … it is like the transition from being healthy to being sick.  The absence of pain, worry, a troubled mind, a broken heart … in the midst of circumstances that would cause anyone of those symptoms is an indication that you are spiritually aware of the presence of Jesus and the strength He gives you to endure.  But, as those feelings begin to creep in. just like a cold or flu might come upon you.  As they begin to dominate your thinking and become the motivation for your actions and attitude,  you must recognize that you are drifting away from Jesus.  You are becoming aware of your fallibilities … of your weakness and vulnerabilities.
 
2 Corinthians 12:9 ‘But he (Jesus) said to me (Paul), “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I (Paul) will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.’
 
When we were born again, it was at that point that we admitted that we needed a savior … after we are born again .. that need does not go away …
 
Galatians 2:20  “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
 
“All In All”
 
“You are my strength when I am weak.  You are the treasure that I seek.  You are my all in all.  Seeking you like a precious jewel, Lord to give up, I’d be a fool.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: