Monday, August 18, 2014

Lord, I Give You My Heart

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“When he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich” —Luke 18:18-23
 
‘The rich young ruler went away from Jesus speechless with sorrow, having nothing to say in response to Jesus’ words. He had no doubt about what Jesus had said or what it meant, and it produced in him a sorrow with no words with which to respond. Have you ever been there? Has God’s Word ever come to you, pointing out an area of your life, requiring you to yield it to Him? Maybe He has pointed out certain personal qualities, desires, and interests, or possibly relationships of your heart and mind. If so, then you have often been speechless with sorrow. The Lord will not go after you, and He will not plead with you. But every time He meets you at the place where He has pointed, He will simply repeat His words, saying, “If you really mean what you say, these are the conditions.” “Sell all that you have . . .” (Luke 18:22). In other words, rid yourself before God of everything that might be considered a possession until you are a mere conscious human being standing before Him, and then give God that. That is where the battle is truly fought— in the realm of your will before God. […]. What Jesus says is difficult— it is only easy when it is heard by those who have His nature in them. Beware of allowing anything to soften the hard words of Jesus Christ.’ CHAMBERS
 
I have used this scripture reference so often when talking to people about what they value most.  We want it to be God, but when you boil it down … it is something else.  It is that something we trust in more than God .. that we worship .. that we hunger for … Matthew 6:24  “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” Your old nature will convince you otherwise …. You can do both … all of that began in the Garden when Satan asked “Did God really say….?”  The young man wanted to be affirmed … he was good … he was kind … but God examines the heart … his heart belonged to something else … if he was going to have eternal life .. he had to give his heart to God and all of his devotion …. Matthew 22:37 “Love God with all your heart..”  The greatest commandment.
 
If things don’t seem to be quite right spiritually for you .. maybe you need to look at your heart.  If you have allowed other gods in … other things that you put your trust in other than Jehovah God … you need to step back … and reassess …. That is another word for repent!  If you have indeed given God your heart .. don’t try to take it back … ELGIN
 
Lord, I Give You My Heart – Hillsong
 
“This is my desire: to honor You. Lord with all my heart I worship You.  All I have within me, I give You praise.  All that I adore is in You.
 
Lord I give You my heart,  I give You my soul, I live for You alone.  Every breath that I take,  Every moment I'm awake,  Lord have Your way in me.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: