Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Word of God - To Dilute It Is To Pollute It

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Beware of not acting upon what you see in your moments on the mountaintop with God. If you do not obey the light, it will turn into darkness. “If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!” (Matthew 6:23). The moment you forsake the matter of sanctification or neglect anything else on which God has given you His light, your spiritual life begins to disintegrate within you. Continually bring the truth out into your real life, working it out into every area, or else even the light that you possess will itself prove to be a curse. […] Your theology [your understanding of your faith, your practice, and your experience; as it applies to your understanding of God and of God's relation to the world] must work itself out, exhibiting itself in your most common everyday relationships. Our Lord said, “. . . unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:20). In other words, you must be more moral than the most moral person you know. You may know all about the doctrine of sanctification, but are you working it out in the everyday issues of your life? Every detail of your life, whether physical, moral, or spiritual, is to be judged and measured by the standard of the atonement by the Cross of Christ.’ CHAMBERS
 
Living a moral life does not mean living according to what the culture has accepted as moral, but what God says is moral.  The culture’s definition changes with time. Just read the news.  Isaiah 40:6-8 “All people are like grass, and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” The Bible says that men will call bad good and good – bad.  Isaiah 5:20 “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.” It is God’s Word is that guides us.  His Word is truth.  Truth does not change.  I used to tell my children “Tell the truth .. you don’t have to remember the truth .. it doesn’t change .. lies you must remember.”  Be careful lest you fall!  Our nature is to water down the Word.  To dilute it so as to make the salt not so salty .. the light not so hurtful to the eyes.  We don’t want to offend … but Jesus is a Rock of offense to a lost and dying world.  To dilute it is to pollute it.
 
Be careful Christian.  Salt that has lost is saltiness is good for nothing.  Light that is hidden has no value.  Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”  I imagine that is not where you intend to be but that is where you will be if you accommodate your culture .. and forsake your nature – your new nature in Christ.  ELGIN
 
“Thy Word”
 
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
When I feel afraid think I lost my way, Still You're there right beside me
Nothing will I fear,  As long as You are near and please be near me to the end
 
I will not forget your love for me and yet,  My heart forever is wandering
Jesus be my guide and hold me to Your side,  And I will love You to the end
Nothing will I fear,  As long as You are near and please be near me to the end
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: