Thursday, October 31, 2013

One Thing Remains - His Love Never Gives Up

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Faith, as the Bible teaches it, is faith in God coming against everything that contradicts Him— a faith that says, “I will remain true to God’s character whatever He may do.” The highest and the greatest expression of faith in the whole Bible is— “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him” (Job 13:15).’ CHAMBERS
 
I think God uses marriage – the life commitment between a man and a woman – as a way to show us what our relationship with Him is like.  In a marriage the two people experience heartache and joy. But the covenant they have made is not dependent upon those experiences.  It transcends what they experience.  They don’t abandon each other because of hardship … distress .. loss … sickness … or financial trouble … but they stay true to each other.  In the same way .. we have a Father in heaven who loves us and will never leave us … He is by nature faithful … He will be nothing else …. but we are not always the faithful partner … we find ourselves committed to a conditional relationship … so long as things go our way … we are in .. but if we have problems … well … we might just have to find someone else … Hosea and Gomer are a picture of how we often treat our relationship with God …
 
Living by faith is so much more than happy thoughts … or well-crafted words on an email … but living in the daily grind of life … facing whatever comes our way with confidence in our relationship with the creator God. Knowing that we have joy and peace not because of the circumstances that surround us, but because of the God who loves us.
 
(One Thing Remains)
 
“Higher than the mountains that I face,  Stronger than the power of the grave,  Constant through the trial and the change,  One thing… Remains
 
Your love never fails, never gives up  Never runs out on me
 
On and on and on and on it goes, It overwhelms and satisfies my soul, And I never, ever, have to be afraid  ....  One thing remains
 
In death, In life, I’m confident and covered by the power of Your great love,  My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love...”
 
Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: