Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I am forgiven because Jesus was forsaken .. I'm accepted Jesus was condemned

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The greatest message of limitless importance is that “He Himself is the propitiation for our sins . . . .” The missionary’s message is not nationalistic, favoring nations or individuals; it is “for the whole world.” When the Holy Spirit comes into me, He does not consider my partialities or preferences; He simply brings me into oneness with the Lord Jesus.’ CHAMBERS
 
What is our message to a world that is crumbling around us? It should be … Don’t put your trust in the things of this world because they will fail you.  The economy, the form of government, affluence, culture, nationality, ethnic origin … they all mean nothing in the God’s eternal scheme.  Yet those things are often barriers for people – Christians – who will set themselves and their position, fleshly distinctions and preferences as most important in any relationship with another person.
 
But what connects Christians is the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and the presence of the Holy Spirit in each believer – not any of those other things.  Propitiation is a big word … but what it means is mercy … that through Jesus, God shows us mercy.  You probably have heard the phrase “I am throwing myself on the mercy of this court.”  … meaning don’t condemn me as I deserve, but spare me from the penalty of what I have done.  Because of Jesus, we can experience God’s mercy .. not because we were born in the right place, are the right color, belong to the right party … have the right heritage … but only because of Jesus.
 
Christians are very good at separating themselves from others … like the Pharisee and the publican or tax collector (Luke18:9-14) … praying … thinking that somehow they are better than others … when really we all deserve hell … but we get heaven because of Jesus.  Think about that today as you meet others … before you think harsh thoughts about someone  .. remember that even as God has shown us mercy, we should, in turn, show others mercy. (Matthew18:21-35)
 
"I'm alive  and well, the Spirit is within me, because You died and rose again.  Amazing love how can it be, that you my King would die for me.  Amazing love, I know it's true and it's my joy to honor You in all I do."  and say and think ....
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: