Monday, October 14, 2013

Jesus is the Truth

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you . . .” (John 15:7)— that is the way to keep going. Where we are placed is then a matter of indifference to us, because God sovereignly engineers our goings.  “None of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus . . .” (Acts 20:24). That is how to keep going until we are gone from this life.’ CHAMBERS
 
Do you think that truth is relative .. in other words that something is true some place but not others.  Absolute truth that comes from God is not relative .. and what we read in God’s Word is absolute truth.  Jesus “is” the Truth. (John 14:6) All things are summed up in Him.  I encourage Christians to read the Bible.  Have you wondered what the early Christians did without a Bible?  How could they maintain any level of spirituality?  What do people do today that don’t have a Bible or who can’t read?  How can they be “spiritual” if spirituality is based solely upon access to the written Word?  I have especially become aware of this issue since I started preaching in Haitian churches … do I tell them that the key to spiritual strength is reading the Word of God. So if they don’t have it or can’t read it, what does that mean?
 
It leads me to the inescapable conclusion that it is not the Bible but the Author that I need to focus on the most. The Bible is very important, but I am reminded that even though some believers do not have the written Word, they do have the Holy Spirit. There is no substitute for your relationship with the living Word.  Not even the Bible.  Our  relationship with Jesus is the most important aspect of our faith walk … I marvel at those Christians who new life is limited to a few snippets of the Word of God, perhaps translated and even paraphrased to fit their language.  They may never see a Bible in their lifetime.  Yet, they love Jesus and can walk in the Spirit.  We are richly blessed to be literate and access to the written Word, television, radio, the internet .. and are therefore without excuse.  Spend some time with the Truth today. Oh, and read your Bible, it is a blessing from God!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: