Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh What A Feeling Or Not


My Utmost For His Highest

“Be ready in season and out of season —2 Timothy 4:2     Many of us suffer from the unbalanced tendency to “be ready” only “out of season.” The season does not refer to time; it refers to us. This verse says, “Preach the Word! Be ready in season and out of season.” In other words, we should “be ready” whether we feel like it or not. If we do only what we feel inclined to do, some of us would never do anything. There are some people who are totally unemployable in the spiritual realm. They are spiritually feeble and weak, and they refuse to do anything unless they are supernaturally inspired. The proof that our relationship is right with God is that we do our best whether we feel inspired or not.” CHAMBERS

The underlying question here is “Is my spiritual experience based upon a feeling?”  Do you feel like you are an American or do you know that you are an American.  When they play the Star Spangled Banner, you may get a tear in your eye on occasion.  Then you feel like you are an American.  But there are certain facts … you were born here, you grew up here, maybe you have a passport that says you are one … It’s the same with our faith .. I am saved because God said so … Romans 10:8-9 says that If I confess and believe I will be saved.  It is a supernatural encounter with God .. and eternal transaction .. where I receive eternal life through the Son … sealed by the Holy Spirit … through the power of the Word … Oh, there may have been some emotion at the point where I yielded my life to Jesus … but it’s not the emotion that saved me ..it’s not that emotion that demonstrates the veracity of my salvation … it is a changed life … transformed .. no longer conformed …

Chambers is saying that the proof our relationship is demonstrated by how we live our lives.   We may not feel like reading the Bible or feel like going to church, or feel like praying …. The proof is that we are obedient to do these things because we are saved and because we are His.  

"If you love Me, keep My commandments […] And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." […] "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me. (John 14:15-24)

I don’t have to feel like I am saved to be saved .. I know that I am saved … and every now again there is a tear in my eye as I see God at work in and around me. 

Be Ready!

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: