Monday, April 23, 2012

Do You Love Me?

My Utmost For His Highest

We have no right to decide where we should be placed, or to have preconceived ideas as to what God is preparing us to do. God engineers everything; and wherever He places us, our one supreme goal should be to pour out our lives in wholehearted devotion to Him in that particular work. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might . . .” (Ecclesiastes 9:10).” CHAMBERS

Our Christian life begins and ends with God.  Our new life is powered by the Holy Spirit. God reached down to save us through His Son.  The quality of our new life is directly related to the strength of our relationship with God.  Our wholehearted devotion to Him.  What does devotion look like?  If I tell you I am devoted to you and then I never talk to you.  Is that devotion?  If you ask me to do something and I refuse and do something else.  Is that devotion?  If you want to spend time with me but I never seem to have time.  Is that devotion?

So what does it mean when I never talk to you, don’t do what you ask me to do, and don’t spend time with you? Right, it means that I am not devoted.  But to live the life God has called us to, we must be devoted … what does that look like? 

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)

Do you think that level of devotion is over the top? Extreme? Excessive?  Maybe fanatical … actually it’s biblical.  Take some time today to examine your devotion to the One you ‘call’ Lord.  He is waiting for you … He wants to walk with you, and talk with you and tell you, you are His own .. and the joy you share as you tarry there … well … you know the rest of the song….

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: