Friday, May 6, 2022

Accused Of Being Just Like Your Father

"Philip said to Him, 'Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.' Jesus said to him, 'Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?'" - John 14:8-10

“If the Son of God has been born into my human flesh, then am I allowing His holy innocence, simplicity, and oneness with the Father the opportunity to exhibit itself in me?  Whatever our circumstances may be, that holy, innocent, and eternal Child must be in contact with His Father. Is God’s will being fulfilled in that His Son has been formed in me (see Galatians 4:19), or have I carefully pushed Him to one side? The more a person knows of the inner life of God’s most mature saints, the more he sees what God’s purpose really is: to “…fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ…” (Colossians 1:24). And when we think of what it takes to “fill up,” there is always something yet to be done.” - Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest

This new life we live, it is a journey, we did not arrive at our destination on the day of our salvation.  Have you discovered  that you grow in your faith more through your struggles than through your victories.  That, as you mature, you will become more dependent upon on God and not less.  Unlike your physical birth where you grew to be independent of your parents, with your spiritual birth, as you grow, the oneness with the Father, Son and Spirit becomes more evident.  As a young boy, I can remember one day my mother, who divorced my father when I was 2 years old, said to me, “Stop doing that, you are just like your father.” She was speaking out of a broken heart - something that I did not understand. But I felt ashamed as if I had done some terrible thing.  Today, as a Christian, I would like nothing more than to hear someone say, “You are just like your Father – your Father in heaven”.  How about you?  

By the way, the good news about my mom. Years later she was born again and lived out her life being a light to everyone around her - including Martie and me.  She was instrumental in leading many to the Lord - including Martie and me. God is Good, all the time!  

So how about you my friend?  Are you content with your faith and walk?  Don’t be. Are being accused of being like just like your Father?  You should be!  After we are born again, we begin a journey that does not end until we arrive at the feet of Jesus.

Is God reflected in your character? How you live your life? Your speech. Your actions. Is your love for God and others evident. I hope so. Or would people be surprised to find out that you are a child of God? I hope not!

"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." - Ephesians 5:1-2

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: