Sunday, May 31, 2015

How Is It With You And The Lord?




“Jesus did not commit Himself to them…for He knew what was in man.” —John 2:24-25

“Put Trust in God First. Our Lord […] trusted absolutely in what God’s grace could do for others. If I put my trust in human beings first, the end result will be my despair and hopelessness toward everyone. I will become bitter because I have insisted that people be what no person can ever be— absolutely perfect and right. Never trust anything in yourself or in anyone else, except the grace of God. […] we must first make sure that God’s “needs” and His will in us personally are being met. Jesus said, “…tarry…until you are endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49). The purpose of our Christian training is to get us into the right relationship to the “needs” of God and His will. Once God’s “needs” in us have been met, He will open the way for us to accomplish His will, meeting His “needs” elsewhere. […]  Am I allowing my natural life to be slowly transformed by the indwelling life of the Son of God? God’s ultimate purpose is that His Son might be exhibited in me.” CHAMBERS

We cannot live our new life in Christ in the way God intended if we do not first tend to the spiritual needs in our lives.  When we do that, the other facets of our lives will conform.  All too often we neglect the spiritual and live our lives as if the Spirit of God were not in us at all.  That is until trouble comes and then we invoke all the spiritual words we can muster from our memory as if it is the words that give us power to overcome.  That overcoming power comes from a strong relationship with Jesus, and in turn the Father of lights.  When I was in the military, I was rarely in my home town.  When I would bring my family back during a holiday, although we were part of the family, we were not part of the day to day life experience.  Our relationship with everyone was not like that of the family that lived in proximity to my parents.  We felt like visitors.  When we don’t spend time with Him daily, that is how we feel when we finally do come to visit.  But life the prodigal son who was willing to be treated like a servant, God says “no-you are my child”. There is no reason to have a distant relationship with the Lord.  We need Him every day and every hour. ELGIN

“If we ever needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now.  If we ever needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now.  If we ever needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now.  And we need Him every day and every hour.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: