Saturday, March 14, 2015

It Sounds Too Good to Be True




…you are that one’s slaves whom you obey… —Romans 6:16

“The first thing I must be willing to admit when I begin to examine what controls and dominates me is that I am the one responsible for having yielded myself to whatever it may be. […] yield for one second to anything in the nature of lust, and although you may hate yourself for having yielded, you become enslaved to that thing. (Remember what lust is— “I must have it now,” whether it is the lust of the flesh or the lust of the mind.) No release or escape from it will ever come from any human power, but only through the power of redemption. You must yield yourself in utter humiliation to the only One who can break the dominating power in your life, namely, the Lord Jesus Christ. “…He has anointed Me…to proclaim liberty to the captives…” (Luke 4:18 and Isaiah 61:1). When you yield to something, you will soon realize the tremendous control it has over you. Even though you say, “Oh, I can give up that habit whenever I like,” you will know you can’t. […] But yielding to Jesus will break every kind of slavery in any person’s life.” CHAMBERS

John 8:31-32 “Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’” What is it that has you in bondage.  We all struggle … to stop struggling is to yield to what whatever it is that has power over us.  It may be our flesh and it may be the Spirit.    Jesus said “If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever”  (John 14:15-16)  The closer we are to Jesus, the more we seek Him, we will find the power to obey Him.  The Father has given us the Spirit to help us. When we yield to the Spirit we will not give way to the lust of the flesh.  Galatians 5:16 (TLB) “ I (Paul) advise you to obey only the Holy Spirit’s instructions. He will tell you where to go and what to do, and then you won’t always be doing the wrong things your evil nature wants you to.” Does it sound too good to be true?  It is true because it is based on faith in the only One who is good.   ELGIN

“The Longer I Serve Him, The Sweeter He Grows”

“Since I started for the Kingdom, Since my life He controls, Since I gave my heart to Jesus, The Longer I Serve Him, the sweeter He grows

The Longer I Serve Him, The sweeter He grows, The more that I love Him , More joy He bestows, Each day is like heaven My heart overflows, The Longer I Serve Him, The sweeter He grows”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: