Friday, March 13, 2015

How To Get Gum Off Of Your Shoe




“For God so loved the world that He gave…” —John 3:16

“Salvation does not mean merely deliverance from sin or the experience of personal holiness. The salvation which comes from God means being completely delivered from myself, and being placed into perfect union with Him. When I think of my salvation experience, I think of being delivered from sin and gaining personal holiness. But salvation is so much more! It means that the Spirit of God has brought me into intimate contact with the true Person of God Himself. And as I am caught up into total surrender to God, I become thrilled with something infinitely greater than myself.[…] If we are truly surrendered, we will never be aware of our own efforts to remain surrendered. Our entire life will be consumed with the One to whom we surrender. […] In our surrender, we must give ourselves to God in the same way He gave Himself for us— totally, unconditionally, and without reservation. The consequences and circumstances resulting from our surrender will never even enter our mind, because our life will be totally consumed with Him.” CHAMBERS

Are there certain things in your life that you believe will never change?  Perhaps it is a persistent sin.  Maybe some way that you treat others .. some personality attribute that others find offensive but you have resolved in your heart that it is part of who you are and is acceptable, at least to you.  The real reason it is acceptable is that you have tried to change it, but cannot, so you have submitted to it and made an excuse for it.  It's like getting gum on the sole of your shoe.  It just won't come off.  If you struggle with what I am writing about, that thing is in your mind right now.

So do you believe that the Word is Truth?  If you do, do you believe that your feelings do not invalidate Truth?  Just because you feel that you cannot change does not make it true. Well, on second thought, in a way, it does.  You see, the reason you have not changed in some respect is that you are still trying to change in your own strength, by your own wherewithal. (that is a word that we don’t use much anymore!) You have not fully surrendered to Jesus.  When we surrender … we don’t just toss our life on Jesus’ doorstep like today’s newspaper and then move on.  But we seek Him out.  Draw close to Him.  Focus on His Word. And let His Spirit bring change you from the inside-out.  Even those things that just won’t seem to go away.  Don’t be satisfied with less than what God intended … ELGIN

“All to Jesus I surrender.  All to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him.  In His presence daily live. I surrender all. All to Thee my blessed savior,  I surrender all. ”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: