Friday, March 6, 2015

Give Me Oil In My Lamp, I Am About A Quart Low




“When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him. […] We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you.” CHAMBERS

Are there times when you feel like you are living a “ho-hum” Christian life.  It is routine … something you do … I am not talking about feelings … but the reality of your Christianity seems mundane … you have lost your sense of His personal presence.  Your lamp has grown dim.  Your lamp is a little low on oil.  I am not talking about someone jumping around, waving their arms, shouting hallelujah all day.  I am talking about living consistently, emanating the fruit of God’s Spirit in all circumstances.  Exuding the quiet confidence that faith brings in the most difficult times.  The only way that happens is being disciplined in “your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him.”  We have someone who helps us around the house … she is an orphan, but now a grown woman.  We really have her help more so she has a job, but I must say she is a great cook.  As she goes about, I hear her saying “Jezi” (Jesus).  I asked her if she was talking to Jesus .. she said “yes, of course”.  The Word says “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)  Prayer is nothing more and nothing less than having a conversation with God.  You want to build your faith?  Talk to God more than at the dinner table or on Sunday morning.  Like a child would talk to their father, so we should talk with our “Father who art in heaven.” ELGIN

Open The Eyes Of My Heart

“Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.  Open the eyes of my heart.  I want to see you .  To see you high an lifted up  Shining in the light of Your glory. Pour out Your power and love as {I} sing holy, holy, holy.  I want to see you.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: