Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Why Jesus Should Get Your Full Attention Not Just An Honorable Mention on Christmas


My Utmost For His Highest

“When you act in confident faith in what our Lord did on the cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place immediately. And you will come to know through a higher knowledge that your old life was “crucified with Him” (Romans 6:6). The proof that your old life is dead, having been “crucified with Christ” (Galatians 2:20), is the amazing ease with which the life of God in you now enables you to obey the voice of Jesus Christ. Every once in a while our Lord gives us a glimpse of what we would be like if it were not for Him. This is a confirmation of what He said— “…without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). That is why the underlying foundation of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus.” CHAMBERS

Paul said “For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21)  Our new life in Christ should give us new perspective on who we are.  Listen, if God created us .. then we can take credit for nothing that we see good in us.  If I am intelligent .. it is because God gave me intelligence.  I am responsible for how that intelligence is used.  If I am musically inclined, I can take no credit for it, God has gifted me … but I am responsible for the use of that gift.  If I am saved, I could not save myself, God did that, but, again, I am responsible for what I do with that salvation.  When people thank me for doing some good thing in ministry, I can take no credit for it .. it is God who is the source.  You know, that is what “father” means .. source.  As you think about Christmas, think about that … We are responsible for what we do with it … are you glorifying the world or Jesus.  Is the celebration of Jesus limited to the activities in church or do you celebrate Him in your home.  Does Jesus get your full attention or just an honorable mention on Christmas day? ELGIN


Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: