Friday, December 26, 2014

Living By The Power of His Spirit In The Light Of His Word




“I must "walk in the light as He is in the light . . ."- not in the light of my own conscience, but in God's light. If I will walk there, with nothing held back or hidden, then this amazing truth is revealed to me: ". . . the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses [me] from all sin" so that God Almighty can see nothing to rebuke in me. On the conscious level it produces a keen, sorrowful knowledge of what sin really is. The love of God working in me causes me to hate, with the Holy Spirit's hatred for sin, anything that is not in keeping with God's holiness. To "walk in the light" means that everything that is of the darkness actually drives me closer to the center of the light.” CHAMBERS

My problem with sin is that many times I find myself walking "in the light of my own conscience". Meaning that I decide what is an acceptable way of living ... what is OK for “me” to do and what is not OK for “me” … ignoring the Word of God and the Spirit of God.  In Ephesians 6:17 the Word is described as the sword of the Spirit. God’s Spirit with God’s Word work hand in hand for our good and God's glory.  The only reason we can approach God is because of the blood of Jesus and the Spirit of God which is in us.  The Spirit convicts me of sin (John 6:18).  My own conscience has some measure of good in it, but is flawed.  It is not sufficient to keep me from sinning.  The power needed for spiritual transformation, a changed life, comes from the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit. The Bible says to not quench the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19)which is to say that we have a choice about the influence of the Spirit and the Word in our lives... Submit to the Spirit of God ... choose to walk after the Spirit and not your flesh (Galatians 5:16) .. your old nature ... fulfill your purpose in Christ ... bring glory to God and let your light shine before all men.  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: