Saturday, December 6, 2014

Faith - Acting Without Seeing And Seeing Without Acting




Waiting for God to act is fleshly unbelief. It means that I have no faith in Him. I wait for Him to do something in me so I may trust in that. But God won’t do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man must go beyond the physical body and feelings in his covenant with God, just as God goes beyond Himself in reaching out with His covenant to man. It is a question of faith in God— a very rare thing. We only have faith in our feelings. I don’t believe God until He puts something tangible in my hand, so that I know I have it. Then I say, “Now I believe.” There is no faith exhibited in that. God says, “Look to Me, and be saved…” (Isaiah 45:22). When I have really transacted business with God on the basis of His covenant, letting everything else go, there is no sense of personal achievement— no human ingredient in it at all. Instead, there is a complete overwhelming sense of being brought into union with God, and my life is transformed and radiates peace and joy.” CHAMBERS

One of the disciples, Thomas, is remembered not for his faithfulness but because of his lack of faith.  That is where the phrase “doubting Thomas” comes from.  (John 20:24-29) “Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." […]  And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

To exercise faith, we must first act without seeing and then we will see without acting.  We must be willing to trust God first and then God will bless us … act on our behalf … accomplish His purpose.  That is not to say that somehow our unbelief limits God.  But because of our unbelief, we will miss what God might do in response to our belief.  Our lack of faith limits us .. not God.  The exercising of faith is a challenge to our flesh but a joy to our spirit.  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: