Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sharing Your Faith ... Looking For The Magic Words




“If in preaching the gospel you substitute your knowledge of the way of salvation for confidence in the power of the gospel, you hinder people from getting to reality. Take care to see while you proclaim your knowledge of the way of salvation, that you yourself are rooted and grounded by faith in God. Never rely on the clearness of your presentation, but as you give your explanation make sure that you are relying on the Holy Spirit. Rely on the certainty of God’s redemptive power, and He will create His own life in people.” CHAMBERS

So what if you are not a preacher .. but you are a minister … you, like every other believer, carry a message in your heart .. the Gospel .. the good news of Jesus Christ … resurrected … triumphant over sin and death.  Jesus the way, the truth, and the life .. the only way to the Father (John 14:6).  The part that most of us stumble on it the thought that somehow, if I share what I know, I will mess it up.  And someone will reject Jesus because I did not say the right thing.

The truth of the matter is that God is bigger than our words … that He has chosen to use us .. but does not need us.  That what happened in our lives on the day of our rebirth, and will happen in the lives of others until Jesus return in glory, is a result of the work of the Holy Spirit.  I know that many books have been written … many lectures have been given .. many notes have been taken .. many scriptures have been memorized .. having to do with sharing Jesus “the right way”.  The bottom line, what happens at the point of salvation is spiritual, not of man.  Sure you can prepare .. the Word says  (1 Peter 3:15) “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;”  But the point is … speak when God says speak .. and leave the rest to God …. ELGIN

(I Corinthians 2:1-5)  “When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: