Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Memories ..

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Never be afraid when God brings back your past. Let your memory have its way with you. It is a minister of God bringing its rebuke and sorrow to you. God will turn what might have been into a wonderful lesson of growth for the future.’ CHAMBERS
 
Are there memories of times past that you deeply regret.  You know that your sins are forgiven in Jesus, but they still wield some control over you.  Remembering may cause you think that you are failing even today.  There are experiences in all of our lives that we wish we could undo.  Chambers says to ‘let your memory have its way with you’ … to not reject the feeling of sorrow but to use it as a reminder of what God has saved you from .. and that the future, with Him, has great promise.  That is not to say that you should be a slave to that memory.  But let it simply serve as a reminder of His great love.  Rick Warren said "God never wastes a hurt."
 
‘I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
 
But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
 
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me!
 
All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I’ll cling, In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing,
 
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul’s best songs, Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs.'
 
"Love Lifted Me" James Rowe 1912
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: