Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Not What I'm Gonna Be


My Utmost For His Highest

‘We must learn to maintain a strong degree of character in our lives, even to the level that has been revealed in our vision of Jesus Christ. The lasting characteristic of a spiritual man is the ability to understand correctly the meaning of the Lord Jesus Christ in his life, and the ability to explain the purposes of God to others. The overruling passion of his life is Jesus Christ. Whenever you see this quality in a person, you get the feeling that he is truly a man after God’s own heart (see Acts 13:22).  Never allow anything to divert you from your insight into Jesus Christ. It is the true test of whether you are spiritual or not. To be unspiritual means that other things have a growing fascination for you.’ CHAMBERS

What is the overruling passion of your heart?  Not what do you want it to be .. not what do you think it should be .. what is it .. today?  “I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am” ― John Newton

From a man who used to be a slave trader .. but became a man who repented and fought against slavery .. He penned Amazing Grace which I have heard sung by the ancestors of those who he brought from Africa

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: