Saturday, July 28, 2012

Trust

My Utmost For His Highest

‘What is my vision of God’s purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish— His purpose is the process itself. What He desires for me is that I see “Him walking on the sea” with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see “Him walking on the sea” (Mark 6:49). It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.’ CHAMBERS

Mark 6:45  ‘Immediately He made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, to Bethsaida, while He sent the multitude away.’

Jesus had sent the disciples ahead .. they were doing what Jesus told them to do … then a wind arose on the sea .. and they were straining … struggling to continue … Why would Jesus put them in that place … isn’t our Christian life supposed to be smooth sailing?  Health, wealth and happiness?  Would God lead us to a difficult place where we had to trust in Him?  I think so … How would you respond?  Would you question God?  ‘Where were you God?’  His answer .. ‘Here’.  ‘Why did you let this happen to me?’  His answer .. “So you would turn to Me and trust Me.’

Is there a point in our lives when God will stop leading us to a place of testing?  I don’t think so.  You see, it is not the circumstance that determines whether I have peace, joy, patience, love, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).  It is the depth of the relationship I have with the Lord.  God teaches me to trust when I am in a difficult place .. in fact… that is the only place where I am teachable …

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: