Those Who Know Your Name

 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

As I was reading in Psalms this morning, I came across this verse and paused. "those who know Your name" I doubt that there is a language on earth that does not had a word of God. Most people that I know have used it in their conversations. Whether in reverence or as an explicative. For the latter - it is just a word in a phrase or expression. Nothing more. For the former - it is an acknowledgement that there is One who is the Creator of all things - Jehovah God.

Have you ever shared your faith - I assume since you are reading this that you are a Christian - with someone - maybe someone that you care about personally and not just though a chance meeting. You share the most significant truth that can be shared. One that has consequences beyond the grave - and you get the look - oh you know the one - a look that is somewhere between "I am bored" and "If you keep it up I will be offended!"  So what is going on. Well - to start, they don't acknowledge who God is.

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. - 1 Corinthians 2:14

I just popped out to go to the store. While going back to my car someone across the parking lot was upset about something and I could hear him yelling - crying out I suppose to God, to damn his circumstance.  I thought - if I go over there and talk to him about Jesus would he be receptive. Obviously I am being a bit sarcastic. I am not a prophet or the son of a prophet, but I can guess what his response would be.  

And so what to do. Well, I think we are to live with discernment. Understanding the times. Remembering that the god of this age (world) - the Devil - has blinded the minds of his followers.  

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Knowing who Jesus is and who the Father is has been revealed by God to hearts that yearn to believe.

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”  Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. - Matthew 16:13-17

With no spiritual understanding, all the people could do was look to the natural - what they could see in their natural understanding but God reveals the truth by His Spirit. That is the only way that you can know His name and hear His voice.  Yet still, God has given us a role in His eternal plan of redemption and restoration. 

 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people - Ephesians 1:17-18

[A side note: my wife and I were watching a movie that we had not see in years. I was unpleasantly surprised to hear profanity in the movie. I did not remember it being in the movie although I am certain it was. The problem?  - My spiritual senses were dulled when I first watched it. The point. - Be careful and be watchful don't let your heart and mind be numbed by the culture and your mortal life]

Think about it – Pray about it - Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments:

Those Who Know Your Name

 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you . Psalm 9:10 As I was reading in Psalms this m...