Friday, April 28, 2023

It Is Not Odd, It Is God

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

I have shared, recently, about some encounters with other Christians I have had here that were, well, impossible. They were "chance" encounters according to the ways of men - stochastic events - a product of the role of the cosmic dice. Or not. You see, God is capable of doing, whatever the Sovereign Creator God wants to do. 

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" - Matthew 19:26

From time to time, the Spirit will quicken the heart of someone connected to Pathfinder Mission to help in someway. Sometimes it is praying for us, perhaps volunteering, providing financial support, or some in-kind donation.  Recently, I received a call from a friend who had visited and worked with us here in Florida and saw the challenges we had in building the sheds. Particularly when I was the last man standing - so to speak. (no volunteers to help) I can do most everything on my own up to but not including moving assembled walls, assembling sheds and delivering them. But just because I don't have help does not mean that I should sit idly by until someone shows up. I do what I can until I can't do any more. Bondye Konnen - God knows what we need and He knew what the challenges would be when He sent us here.

Well, my friend saw that I could build the walls by myself but could not move the wall, once finished. He went back home and put his thinking cap on. He is a great problem solver. Then he called me to let me know he had a solution. He had modified an engine lift that would allow me to pick up the wall and move it off of the jig to the stack of finished walls. The problem was how to get it to me. He lives in North - north Georgia (repeated north as a point of emphasis). One of the guys that had come down with him was going to do some work in Orlando and had agreed to bring the device to Florida. We decided that we would meet half way between Orlando and Fort Myers to pick up the lift.

It so happens that we have another friend who lives near Orlando who is coming down this weekend for a few days to help. I asked the Georgia friend bringing the lift if it would be alright if my Florida friend picked it up in Orlando to save us both a trip. He agreed. I told him where my Florida friend lived and he exclaimed, "That is the town that I am in! That has to be God!". 

 I called my Georgia friend just to make sure that the plan was set. He mentioned again that God had done what no man could do. I told him that years ago we had an Alabama friend whose favorite saying was "That's not odd, it's God" in response to some happening that defied the laws of probability.  So we rejoiced together over the phone and gave God the praise and glory. They met last night and the lift will be here Sunday.

Along with the Apostle Paul, my prayer for you is this ....

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way" - Ephesians 1:18-23

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: