Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Noah Did It All Or Did He?

 "Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him." - Genesis 6:22

My brother once told me that when it came to raising money for Pathfinder Mission I should ask God and tell people . It made sense. It is God and not people that called us to this work. It is God and not people who was already at work when He invited us to join Him. It was God and not people that spoke through the Word, prayer, circumstances and other Christians.

So why do I concern myself with trying to convince people that donating money to Pathfinder is a good thing. Can you imagine if Noah laid out what he had done to others? A boat had never been built. Where did those boat building skills come from. Yes, God. Noah was not Dr. Doolittle's great grandfather. He could not talk to the animals, everything else that walked or crawled or flew onto the boat. So who did? God. Once they were on the boat who sealed the boat from the outside? God.

Do you see a trend here? I hope so. I cannot take credit for any good that has come through this ministry. What God credited to Noah was his faith in - that's right = God. And so, the only credit I might take is my saying "yes" by faith when I - when both Martie and me, answered God's call. Everything else is God. Even my telling people what God has done through Pathfinder, their hearts are encouraged by, yes, God - not my words. People want to help by volunteering or by donating money in response to the unction of the Spirit. I was talking to someone the other day.  They asked what they could do to help. I said we need funds to buy materials for the sheds. There was silence at the other end of the phone. Sometimes the abundance of the heart is revealed without words. It didn't really matter to me if they helped in that way or not. God is our provider, not people.

I have often said that money is the grease on the wheels of ministry. More correctly said - God's provision is the grease on the wheels of ministry and the fuel in the engine. But He uses people to accomplish His purposes.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand." - Psalm 121:1-5

Don't ever worry that where God guides God will not provide. God will not give you what you want, but what you need.  Bondye Pakab Fe Sa - God Can (and will) Do It!

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: