Thursday, January 12, 2023

And So Were Some Of You

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11

Paul was talking to the Corinthians about those who were lost and their evil deeds. Then he reminded them that they were once just like them. Lost with no hope. I suspect that he was thinking back about his own life until he met Jesus along the way. And that made me think about my life. 

It is a life of which my children cannot conceive. They never saw the "old" me, but for the grace of God. I don't think much about anymore. Old things have passed away, for the most part anyway. I suppose that the point is that we should not be quick to condemn or judge those who are lost.  That is not to say that we should ignore sin. But recognize that lost people are merely operating out of their nature. You should not expect good water to come from a bad spring. But, just like you, God can change them too. Of course it is between them and God. Our part is to show the love of God to everyone. 

We me with some people today to discuss building sheds for people who need them. I told them that we were focused on need not creed. In other words, it is not just people who believe like we do that we help. We want to help people who can't help themselves. Even people that are just like we used to be.

"Bear one another's burdens and fulfill the law of Christ" - Galatians 6:2 

That is Love God and Love Others

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: