Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Where God Is At Work

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8

In the study, Experiencing God, Dr. Henry Blackaby suggested that there are 7 "realities" or spiritual principles at work in the lives of every Christian. The first three are implied by Jesus words in Acts. Go and be witnesses. Not just by what you say, but how you live and love others.

#1. God is always at work around you. Understanding that God is at work in this world. Not just in the far reaches - Africa or South America (ends of the earth), but right outside your door in your Jerusalem. 

#2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal. God has initiated our relationship with Him - recall John 3:16. It is through that relationship that we can go and do.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." – John 15:5

We can't do anything for God without God.

# 3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work. Acts 1:8. Jesus was not sending his disciples out on their own. Nor does He send us out - in our neighborhoods, workplaces, cities, states, nation or other countries. Where we are on our own. God is already there at work.  We are merely joining Him. To see that, we must have spiritual understanding - spiritual perspective. (Ephesians 1:15-18) To obey Him demonstrates our love for Him. (Matthew 22:37-38)

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." – John 14:21

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: